Shadow Investigations provides business solutions for numerous corporations each year. We work in conjunction with insurance companies and law firms, as well as both large and small businesses. The challenges facing a business’ safety, security, workforce or bottom line requires our staff to determine the cause and provide evidence and a solution in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
Business Fraud Investigations
- Detection of business fraud, at the hands of an employee, through background investigations, surveillance, covert cameras, or undercover operations. This is useful in pursuit of false workers’ compensation claims, employee theft, embezzlement, etc.
Undercover Workforce Investigations
- Placement of an undercover investigator posing as an employee for the purpose of obtaining evidence/information concerning possible illegal activities or improprieties within a workplace environment.
- Administration of interviews conducted by trained investigators, designed to obtain information from single or multiple sources. These interviews can be taped and/or recorded electronically.
Due Diligence Investigations
- Examination of the financial history of a business or corporation prior to a pending merger or investment. This is designed to identify potential risks accompanying the purchase or merger of a business entity.
Black Market Investigations
- Investigation of claims of products being sold in an unauthorized manner. Evidence may be obtained through surveillance, undercover operations, product, equipment marking/ tracking, etc.
Security Auditing/ Vulnerability Assessments
- Comprehensive and individualized analysis of the possible vulnerability of your company and employees to help avoid falling victim to identity theft, theft of information, internal financial crimes, and workplace liability claims. This identifies areas of concern and includes proposed remedies.
Secret Shopper Customer Service Assessments
- “Secret” evaluation of business establishment’s employee performance, customer service, money handling, or any issue of concern within the establishment.
- Presentation of seminars to your company on a variety of topics including identity theft, employee theft, and workplace violence.
Covert Camera/ DVR Installation
- Covert camera systems are tailored for individual applications in order to obtain evidence of impropriety, harassment, theft, etc.
Each case is as important as the next one, whether it is a big surveillance or just a process service; each one gets their full attention.
They are a professional, tenacious, and ethical investigative vendor that excels at difficult surveillance assignments.
I have found their work product to be outstanding. They are a professional, tenacious, and ethical investigative vendor that excels at difficult surveillance assignments.
I have no reservations about recommending their services and have always been pleased with their results.
Roger D., FCLS, CFE
Special Investigator Great Lakes-Northeast SIU
He and his staff are top notch and they go the extra mile
I would be delighted to answer any questions that you may have and I assure you that I highly recommend Shadow Investigations and John Harris.
Senior Medical Claim Representative
They are my “go-to” investigation company for all my investigative needs.
They are professional, highly adaptable and excellently qualified in the investigative industry. Their investigators that work within the company are excellent in their job functions; the equipment available to preform their investigations is top of the line, high quality and cutting edge technology. They are my "go-to" investigation company for all my investigative needs.
They are professional, prompt and thorough.
John and his team have gone above and beyond with any claim I send over. They are professional, prompt and thorough. I have had some good success with the reports they have done for me. I would recommend them to anyone at my company and in the industry as well.
PIP Claim Representative
We highly appreciate the responsiveness, flexibility, and dedication in the way they conduct business.
We have hired them for multiple types of investigations, including workers' compensation, FMLA, short-term disability, and workplace violence issues. They have always done exactly what is asked of them.
We would like to express our appreciation of the quality of services Shadow Investigations renders. We highly appreciate the responsiveness, flexibility, and dedication in the way they conduct business.
US Benefits & Retirement
I have worked with Shadow Investigations for 14 years
Mark M., AIC
Sr. Claims Specialist